Queen Elizabeth 2-The Legend
Dear Guest

A very big welcome to the Forum glad that you found us.As the name say this Forum is dedicated to the QE2 in here you will find lots of information and filled with photos that cover all her years at sea.

We ask you please take your time and have a good look around for sure there is a question somewhere that you might have answer.This topic is open to guests too if you think you have some information to add please do so.

But please remember the main subject here is QE2 related.

We think that once you have looked around you are going to want to be part of this big family.

Their is of course some threads that are open only to members.

Please register yourself its easy and free.

The QE2 The Legend Team

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 116 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:32 pm
Latest topics
» Some of my videos of and on board QE2
Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 am by Louis De Sousa

» QE2 items now on the new Queen Elizabeth
Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:20 am by lanky lad

» QE2 and the Falklands War
Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:54 pm by Louis De Sousa

» QE2 on You Tube
Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:19 pm by Louis De Sousa

» Hurricane Luis 1995
Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:28 pm by lanky lad

Top posting users this week

Poll

Which funnel fitted better?

41% 41% [ 14 ]
26% 26% [ 9 ]
32% 32% [ 11 ]

Total Votes : 34

Gallery

Paintings of QE2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paintings of QE2

Post  Guest on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:59 pm

I recently obtained this print on eBay of a painting by a person called Monsma showing QE2 when she had her white funnel.

Back to top Go down

Re: Paintings of QE2

Post  Louis De Sousa on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:18 am

The QE2 in Hamburg dry dock in 1990

Louis De Sousa
Administrator The Captain

http://qe2-the-legend.do-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis De Sousa on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:43 am

Visit to the Cromarty Firth, September 1995

Louis De Sousa

Back to top Go down

Post  CAP on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 am

This picture hangs in the Grand Lobby of Queen Mary 2. What is particularly unusual about this is that I took the photo in January 2004, before QM2's maiden voyage. In effect this is an "artist's impression of the two ships departing New York, something that wouldn't occur for another four years (and then it was night).

CAP

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis De Sousa on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:27 am

The painting of her that was commissioned in 1968.

Thanks to Paul Strathdee

Louis De Sousa

Back to top Go down

Post  CAP on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:04 am

Not to sure where the original is but I have this as a signed limited edition print. This is one of my favorites (hence the spending to acquire a copy!). It is by artist Robert Lloyd who has been commissioned by many shipping and ship building companies. I am led to believe that it was Commodore Ronald Warwick who was the catalyst in the artists rise to prominence by commissioning a specific QE2 artwork.

There are two other images by the same artist but represented as postcards, Click here to go to the topic.
CAP

Back to top Go down

Post  CAP on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:44 pm

Not specifically a painting but an illustration. I thought this extract from a booklet produced by Fincantieri for the float-out of the new Elizabeth was wothwhile posting. As such its focus is on QE2 rather than wanting at this time anyway to open up discussion on either her predecessor or "successor" (if that's possible).

Anyhow this is how the Elizabeths line-up.

Last edited by CAP on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Refresh image link)
CAP

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:24 pm

CAP wrote:Not to sure where the original is but I have this as a signed limited edition print. This is one of my favorites (hence the spending to acquire a copy!). It is by artist Robert Lloyd who has been commissioned by many shipping and ship building companies. I am led to believe that it was Commodore Ronald Warwick who was the catalyst in the artists rise to prominence by commissioning a specific QE2 artwork.

There are two other images by the same artist but represented as postcards, Click here to go to the topic.

Nice. I like the depection with the QM2

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:11 pm

This picture has pride of place on my wall. It is a signed limited edition print by marine artist James A Flood entitled 'Queen Elizabeth 2 - Solent Mist'. According to his website he had pictures displayed on QE2 and also on QM2. Maybe it's time for me to book a cruise on QM2 to see if I can spot any. Smile

[img][/img]

aplogies for the relection on the glass in the photo

Back to top Go down

Post  CAP on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:57 pm

StaringAtTheOcean wrote:This picture has pride of place on my wall. It is a signed limited edition print by marine artist James A Flood entitled 'Queen Elizabeth 2 - Solent Mist'. According to his website he had pictures displayed on QE2 and also on QM2. Maybe it's time for me to book a cruise on QM2 to see if I can spot any. Smile

There are several of his on QM2 all located in roughly the same area out side of the theatre. I recall the original Queens as well as both QE2 and QM2
CAP

Back to top Go down

Post  CAP on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:34 pm

This hangs in one of the lifts onboard Queen Mary 2, hence the flash reflection. In case you are wondering the other ship is Britannia, the first ship of the line. Apparently the scale is accurate.

Disappointingly though, I have just seen a new incarnation where QE2 has been removed and replaced by the new Queen Elizabeth. So much for authenticity!

CAP

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:26 pm

Disappointingly though, I have just seen a new incarnation where QE2 has been removed and replaced by the new Queen Elizabeth. So much for authenticity!

[/quote]

I Know which version I prefer. QE2 is the much better looking ship. One of a kind, unlike the new Queen Elizabeth which is straight out of the same design mould as the Queen Victoria and P&Os Arcadia.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top